Showing posts with label family. Show all posts
Showing posts with label family. Show all posts

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Search for family murders suspect

4 May 2011 Last updated at 06:33 GMT Anxiang Du Suspect Anxiang Du left a suicide note, Northamptonshire Police said A police search for a man in connection with the murders of a couple and their two daughters is continuing.

Anxiang Du, 52, is being sought in connection with the deaths of Manchester Metropolitan University lecturer Jifeng Ding and his family.

Mr Ding, his wife Helen Chui, and daughters Alice and Xing, were found stabbed in their home in Pioneer Close, Wootton, Northampton, on Sunday night.

Police said Mr Du, from Coventry, had left a suicide note.

Mr Du left a note to his family implying it was time to say goodbye.

He is understood to have been a business associate of Ms Chui dealing in herbal remedies.

Mr Du left his home in Coventry at 1030 BST on Friday to go to work in Birmingham but never returned.

He was last seen on 29 April in Birmingham City Centre, Pallasades Shopping Centre and was wearing a white baseball cap, brown waist-length coat, grey trousers, a blue woollen top and black leather shoes.

He was described by police as being of slim build with a bald patch.

Police said they were still looking for a murder weapon.

Jifeng Ding and Alice Ding Jifeng Ding and Alice Ding died from stab wounds, police have revealed

Officers said the family, who are of Chinese descent, had suffered knife wounds.

Det Supt Glyn Timmins said: "The public should be cautious. The reason being is that, obviously having left a suicide note Mr Du had a particular state of mind.

"What I can say is that he's likely to be frightened, he's likely to be quite desperate and certainly when, and if, he sees this in the media he's certainly going to be very anxious and nervous.

"Therefore I think the prudent thing to do would be to assume that Mr Du should not be approached and that's a job for the police if and when he's sighted."

Police also want to trace a silver five-door Vauxhall Corsa, registration BG60 PMO, that was hired by one of the family members and was last seen on Friday.


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kerr family urge 'vote for peace'

3 May 2011 Last updated at 23:37 GMT The Kerr family The Kerr family said voting will prevent 'men of violence' from gaining power The family of murdered PSNI constable Ronan Kerr have urged the public to "support the peace process" by voting in Thursday's election.

Constable Kerr's mother, brothers and sister said the local and Assembly elections were "our only democratic means to reaffirm our need for peace".

"It doesn't matter which party we choose to vote for as long as they support the peace process," they said.

Constable Kerr was killed by a car bomb in Omagh, County Tyrone, on 2 April.

The 25-year-old had joined the PSNI just months earlier.

A group, made up of former members of the Provisional IRA, claimed responsiblity for the killing.

'Opportunity'

In their statement, the Kerr family warned that by not voting "we are allowing the men of violence control and power over our lives".

"By exercising our democratic right to vote, we are condeming violence, ensuring power sharing and mutual respect and supporting law and order in our country," they said.

"We need politicians and a police force to represent and protect all sections of our community.

"We need to use this opportunity to have our say and we each have to take responsibility for ensuring we have a peaceful country, free of fear and intimidation and providing us all hope for the future."

Last month, a 33-year-old man was charged in connection with Constable Kerr's murder.

Gavin Coyle from Culmore Park, Omagh, was charged with possession of explosives, firearms and articles likely to be of use to terrorists at Dungannon Magistrate's Court.

The charges relate to items found in a police search in Coalisland following Ronan Kerr's death.


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

VIDEO: Family 'devastated' by body find

11 April 2011 Last updated at 13:22 GMT Help

View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sub death man 'devoted to family'

9 April 2011 Last updated at 16:52 GMT Lt Cdr Ian Molyneux with his wife Gillian Lt Cdr Ian Molyneux's wife Gillian said he would "live on" in their children A Royal Navy officer shot dead on board a nuclear submarine was "devoted" to his family, his widow has said.

Lt Cdr Ian Molyneux, 36, was shot on board HMS Astute as it was docked in Southampton on a "goodwill" visit on Friday afternoon.

A second officer was shot and is in hospital. A Royal Navy serviceman has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Lt Cdr Molyneux, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, was in charge of the vessel's missiles.

His widow, Gillian, said: "Ian was utterly devoted to his family.

"Everything he did was for us. He was very proud to be an officer in the Royal Navy Submarine Service.

"He will live on in our four beautiful children."

First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope said: "This is a very sad day for the Royal Navy and in particular the submarine service.

'Good bloke'

"My personal thoughts and sympathies and those of the whole Royal Navy are with the family of Lt Cdr Molyneux, and that of the injured submariner.

"This incident is indeed tragic and the Royal Navy, in co-operation with the Hampshire Constabulary, will investigate this incident fully."

Capt Phil Buckley, captain of the Faslane Flotilla, to which HMS Astute belongs, said Lt Cdr Molyneux's family had the flotilla's "deepest sympathy".

Ch Supt David Thomas: "Officers have questioned 20 witnesses"

"Ian Molyneux was a thoroughly professional and competent submarine engineer and a great asset to HMS Astute and the Royal Navy's Submarine Service.

"His loss will also be felt by his shipmates and across the service. He was, simply, a good bloke."

The injured crewman, who has not been named by the Ministry of Defence (MoD), is conscious and in a stable condition in hospital.

Hampshire Police said the full circumstances leading to the events had not yet been established but they were not related to terrorism.

Officers have been granted more time by Southampton magistrates to question the arrested man.

Gunman overpowered

More than 20 witnesses have so far been questioned.

Ch Supt David Thomas said HMS Astute remained a crime scene and was yet to be released back to the MoD.

Police boarding HMS Astute Eleven children were waiting to board the submarine when the shooting happened

Earlier, the leader of Southampton City Council, Royston Smith, described how he overpowered the firing gunman while on a guided tour of the vessel.

He was on board with the city council's chief executive and mayor as part of a civic party.

Mr Smith, who once served in the RAF, described at least six shots being fired.

He said: "At some point I decided that the best form of defence was to try to disarm him. I guess I'm lucky he did not hit me."

The Port of Southampton has been fully reopened following the incident.

HMS Astute has been berthed in Southampton since Wednesday for a five-day official visit.

The 97m (318ft)-long craft is the UK's newest nuclear-powered attack submarine and is based at the Faslane Naval Base on the River Clyde.


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.