Showing posts with label loses. Show all posts
Showing posts with label loses. Show all posts

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PS Move loses out to Xbox Kinect

Dan Whitworth By Dan Whitworth
Newsbeat technology reporter Move controller More than eight million Move controllers have sold since September PlayStation has shipped more than eight million units of its new Move controller since last September, figures show.

That's at least two million fewer than rival Microsoft's Xbox Kinect, despite the fact that it's been on sale two months longer.

The figures, released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc, also show that 50 million PS3s have been sold.

These numbers would seem to prove the longevity of the console, given that it's nearly five years old.

'New world'

Any hopes of a PS4 release in the near future appear to have been dashed though.

A spokesperson said: "SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) will continue to further expand the PS3 Platform and create a new world of computer entertainment."

Bosses at the Japanese technology giant won't be happy with the Move losing out to Kinect.

Last month that was officially declared as the fastest selling gadget on record by the Guinness Book of World Records.

These latest figures seem to only strengthen the Kinect's dominant position in this latest round of console wars.

But PlayStation's live online offering, PlayStation Network, is performing well.

The free service has got more than 75 million registered members in 59 countries around the world.

Xbox Live charges a monthly subscription for its service.

Follow our technology reporter Dan Whitworth on Twitter


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Assange loses extradition fight

24 February 2011 Last updated at 11:41 GMT Julian Assange arriving at court Mr Assange is expected to challenge the ruling approving his extradition Wikileaks founder Julian Assange should be extradited to Sweden to face sexual assault allegations, a judge has ruled.

Mr Assange will appeal against the High Court ruling, delivered at Belmarsh Magistrates' Court, south London, following a hearing two weeks ago.

The 39-year-old denies three allegations of sexual assault and one of rape last August in Stockholm.

Mr Assange says the claims are politically motivated because of the work of his whistle-blowing website.

Wikileaks has made headlines worldwide with the publication of sensitive material from governments and high-profile organisations, including leaked US diplomatic cables.

Mr Assange was arrested on 7 December under a European Arrest Warrant, and spent nine days in Wandsworth prison before being released on bail.

During the hearing two weeks ago, Mr Assange's lawyer argued that rape trials in Sweden were regularly "tried in secret behind closed doors in a flagrant denial of justice".

Continue reading the main story
Judge said there was no evidence that #Assange would be extradited to US for torture as a traitor”

End Quote BBC's Anna Adams tweeting from court Geoffrey Robertson QC also said his client could later be extradited to the US on separate charges relating to Wikileaks, and could face the death penalty there.

Clare Montgomery QC, for the Swedish authorities, told the hearing that evidence from a trial would be heard in private but the arguments would be made in public.

In response to the suggested risk of extradition to the US and a possible death penalty, she said Sweden provided "protection against that sort of threat and violation" taking place.

The European Court of Human Rights would intervene if Mr Assange was to face the prospect of "inhuman or degrading treatment or an unfair trial" in the US, she said.


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.